Rosh Hashanah and Selichot Booking Information
We want as many members as possible to be able to attend our services over Rosh Hashanah, whilst observing government and United Synagogue guidelines for social distancing. We have split the services into smaller units, after each service we will be cleaning the synagogue before the next group of people arrive. The services times are:
Friday, 18 September – Erev Rosh Hashanah
- Ma’ariv: beginning at 6.45pm
Saturday, 19 September – Rosh Hashanah Day 1
- Shacharit and Leyning followed by Sermon and Musaf: beginning at 8.45am
- Repetition of Sermon and Musaf: beginning at 12 noon
- Mincha followed by Ma’ariv: beginning at 6.30pm
Sunday, 20 September – Rosh Hashanah Day 2
- Shacharit and Leyning followed by Shofar blowing, Sermon and Musaf: beginning at 8.45am
- Repetition of Sermon, Shofar blowing and Musaf: beginning at 12 noon
- Mincha, Shofar blowing and Ma’ariv for end of Rosh Hashanah: beginning at 6.45pm
How will I hear the Shofar?
On the afternoon of Day 2, as well as the Shofar being blown in Synagogue, we will be offering shofar blowings in outdoor locations in the community by a group of volunteers.
You can choose your preferred booking on the United Synagogue website (ignore a message that you are booking for a non-member). If you are uncomfortable using the web booking system, please call the office and someone will help you. Please submit your booking by 1st September and we will confirm bookings as soon as possible thereafter.
SELICHOT AND SHACHARIT SERVICES
These will be taking place at 8.15am on Sunday, 13 September, at 7.15am Monday to Friday, 14-18 September and Monday to Friday, 21-25 September and at 8.15am on Sunday, 27 September. Again, you can choose your preferred booking on the United Synagogue website (ignore a message that you are booking for a non-member).
Information about Yom Kippur services will be published soon.